Essential oils have been used for years in cosmetology, medicine, and cooking. And CBD is known for its healing properties. Can essential oils and CBD oil enhance each other’s effect? Also, how would you get the most out of it?
What is the difference between essential oils and CBD oil? Essential oils have a wide variety of physiological properties. Some kinds are antiseptics, others are antispasmodics. Still, some can regenerate cells, others relax or, on the contrary, stimulate the nervous system. At the same time, they are effective agents that can help. Also, they can hurt if you do not follow the instructions for use.
What is CBD oil? It is hemp essence from legal hemp species, containing a combination of medicinal cannabinoids, mostly including CBD – cannabidiol. The content of THC in it does not exceed the sanctioned limit of 0.2%.
Want to know how to get the most out of mixing CBD oil benefits with essential or base ones? Stay with us and find out everything you need.
How To Take CBD Oil Mixed With Essential Ones
The maximum benefit of mixing essential oils and CBD is achieved through the combination of terpenes and their effect on the human endocannabinoid system. Thus, essential and CBD oil ingredients receive a circular interaction, reinforcing each other.
Important advice! Essential oils should not be applied to the skin without a base. Eyes should be protected. Keep it away from children. It is not recommended to use for pregnant women and people prone to allergies.
Essential oils are not miscible with water and are not used in pure form. In cosmetology and medicine, they are used with base and CBD. The base may be wax, honey, milk, or cream. But most often, these are the so-called transport oils, also suitable for CBD oil massage.
Transports (base) are oils of plant origin, both solid (for example, shea butter) and liquid (olive, sea buckthorn, almond, jojoba, and others). They promote the penetration of CBD and essential oils into the body and provide a mild therapeutic effect.
Properties of Various Essential Oils in Combination with CBD
Like CBD, almost every essential oil has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties. Nearly all essential oils positively affect the psycho-emotional state of the body, stimulate metabolism, and increase immunity.
Cannabis can significantly enhance essential oils’ properties, and these two substances interact perfectly for maximum benefit. Nevertheless, each kind has some features that make it possible to classify them according to their main useful properties. And, you can use them for specific purposes in combination with CBD.
- Floral is extracted from a flower or plant bud. These include rose, jasmine, chamomile, ylang-ylang, neroli, lavender, lotus, geranium, etc. Floral oils have found full application in the field of perfumery, skin, and hair care products. In aromatherapy, they are often used to relax, normalize sleep, and reduce headaches. There is a unique essential CBD mixture for pain relief.
- Herbal is obtained directly from the stems of plants. These include sage, peppermint, rosemary, anise, basil, thyme, laurel, etc. Such kinds have a tonic effect, eliminating accumulated fatigue and stress.
- Leafy is extracted from the leaves of plants and trees. These include eucalyptus, spruce, fir, etc. They have a rich aroma that not everyone will like. But at the same time, they are useful for colds.
- Woody kinds are derived from wood, bark, or resin of trees. These include sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, camphor, benzoin, frankincense, etc. This group helps to relax after stress and adjusts blood pressure.
- Fruit ones are extracted from the fruits of trees or shrubs. These include orange, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, juniper, pepper, etc. Citrus is used in perfumes and cosmetology, and they are also activators of the immune system. Therefore, it is often recommended to use them for the prevention and treatment of colds.
- Seeds are obtained directly from the seeds of plants or vegetables. These include carrots, dill, sesame, and others. This group is quite specific, so they are mainly used in culinary. They are also necessary for different recipes in combination with CBD oil.
- Root kinds are extracted from plant roots. The bright representatives of this group are turmeric and ginger. As a rule, this group, in combination with cannabidiol, has high anti-inflammatory, firming, and antiviral properties. This means they will be sufficient for colds
FAQ: All Benefits of Combining Essential Oils with CBD Oil
A1: Combining essential oils with CBD oil can help to enhance the effects of both, providing an array of potential health benefits such as improved mood, stress relief, and better sleep. Additionally, combining essential oils with CBD oil can aid in providing anti-inflammatory and pain relief benefits.
A2: When done safely, combining essential oils with CBD oil can be beneficial and poses minimal risks. However, potential risks are always present when combining any two substances so it is important to do your research to ensure you are following the correct guidelines when combining essential oils with CBD oil.
A3: Depending on what results you’re looking for, certain essential oils can be more beneficial when used with CBD oil. Oils such as lavender, frankincense, sandalwood, and eucalyptus all have potential benefits when used together with CBD oil.
A4: Always consult with your doctor before beginning use of combining essential oils with CBD oil. Additionally, it is important to find out the correct dosage and strength of both the CBD oil and essential oils. Too much or too little of either can have negative results.
CBD products are beneficial for treating various diseases and eliminating unpleasant symptoms – pain, itching, muscle tension, redness, inflammation, etc.
As a field of knowledge about the methods of essential oil exposure to the body, aromatherapy is becoming more popular. Some, without the intricacies of this complex practical science, often use essential oils and CBD oil “in the mood”. Some users restrict themselves to room aromatization. And many turn to aromatherapy methods of prevention or treatment.
However, it is much more efficient to combine the beneficial properties of essential oils with CBD oil’s healing properties. This is to get the most benefit for the body.
Have you tried the combination of essential oils and CBD oil? What is your favorite recipe? Be sure to share your impressions in the comments section. We wish you good health!