Are you dealing with a clogged Delta 8 THC cartridge? How to unclog delta 8 disposable? You are not alone. Stay with us as we explain what is causing the clogging and how you can unclog it. We will also show you how to prevent your delta 8 vape cartridge from clogging in the first place.
This could be due to several reasons chief of which are:
- Delta 8 THC is naturally thick and it becomes viscous when heat is applied. This makes the incidences of Delta 8 vape cartridges clogging than those of other cannabis substances.
- Condensation buildup. With time, condensation can end up blocking your mouthpiece preventing vapor from penetrating as you take a hit.
- Chamber flooding. This happens when your delta 8 vape cartridge sits around without use for a period of time. Because delta 8 distillate thickens at room temperature, with time it works its way to the bottom of the cart. This action both oversaturates the wick as well as drowns the coil. This causes the heating element which is the coil to have difficulties getting sufficient temperature to vaporize the delta 8 effectively. If you notice a burning taste or smell, cease use and unclog your pipe as continued usage in this state will cause permanent damage to your vape cart.
- Laying your delta 8 vape cartridge on its side during storage as opposed to an upright position.
- Leaving your cart in extreme temperatures such as a cold freezer or hot car.
- Cooling of Delta 8 in the cartridge, therefore solidifying.
How to unclog delta 8 disposable?
How to unclog delta 8 disposable? Before you consider throwing out your cart in frustration, try out these tips to unclog it.
1. First, take a few puffs while the fire button is off. Do this for a while until you either hear or feel a “pop” which would indicate your cartridge unclogging.
2. If that does not do the trick, look for the preheat function on your cart and turn it on. This will warm the Delta 8 THC within the cartridge enough for it to become viscous and move about the cart ready for a smoke. It is important to target the heat to the upper middle part of your vape cartridge. Ensure that you are carefully moderating the time and temperature so as not to melt the thick plastic but just to warm its contents. After a while, you will notice that the distillate will begin to move or bubble.
3. You could also manually try to press the clog out. If you think your clog might be towards the bottom, at the place your cart connects with the battery, with a light push from a needle, safety pin, or toothpick through the mouthpiece you may be able to pull it out successfully. You should however ensure that you do not pull too far because you can disrupt the battery connection.
4. If your device doesn’t have a pre-heat function, use the fire button without sucking a number of times. Do this for roughly 1-3 seconds at a time long enough for the delta 8 THC within your cartridge to warm up. This will melt the delta 8 and your cart will be unclogged.
5. If this still doesn’t work, you can warm up your cart using a hairdryer. Just aim the warm air at the clog long enough for it to become viscous and move about again ready for use.
6. If the clog is within the mouthpiece take care not to suck and hit the fire button at the same time because this could result in getting hot delta 8 THC on your lips or mouth. To ensure you don’t get a clog in the mouthpiece, wipe the inside thoroughly with either a piece from a paper towel or a q-tip to remove any remnants of delta 8 THC ensuring that it does not solidify here causing a clog.
7. If all these fail, you can consider returning it to the manufacturer for replacement at a cost.
The old adage that prevention is better than cure rings true in this case. Here are a few tips that will help you avoid having to deal with a clogged cart in the first place:
- Always ensure your cart is stored upright, do not lay it on its side
- Take smaller hits. This reduces the chances of your cart having condensation build-up.
- Take a dry hit before heating your cart to clear any condensation before every use
- Avoid exposing your delta 8 cartridge to extreme temperatures
- Check for leaks to avoid flooding
- Wipe your mouthpiece thoroughly with a paper towel or q-tip after every use
As Delta 8 THC is a thick substance, the chances of it clogging your vape cartridge are pretty high. Try our methods outlining how to prevent the clogging and how to easily unclog your vape cart once this happens. This will keep you enjoying your delta 8 stress-free!