Have you ever heard about hotboxing? Most people have, and many people do it. But what is hotboxing and why is it so popular? Well, there are actually many reasons why people hotbox, and actually some smoking benefits that come out of it. So, let’s jump into the world of hotboxing.
How To Hotbox
Hotboxing is pretty simple, just smoke in an inclosed area where the smoke cannot get out of. The most common place that stoners like to hotbox is inside of a car. Just keep all of the windows rolled up and all of the doors closed. But beware, this will leave your car smelling like weed for the next few days after. Especially if you do not have leather seats, since leather cannot smell like weed unlike other fabrics. A good way to avoid this is by using a Smoke Buddy, which purifies the smoke to eliminate all odors. So, using a smoke purifier while hotboxing will make sure that you do not stink up the area.
Whenever you do hotbox, if you are successful, you can turn your car into a smoke box. Literally, there will be smoke everywhere in there! If you hotbox with a large amount of weed, you can end up not being able to see the person sitting right next to you. That’s how smoky your car can become! Along with that, you are breathing in more and more smoke as you sit there. This means that you are taking a hit of weed just by sitting in a hotbox. All of these extra hits result in you getting much higher than usual.
If you are trying to be efficient with you weed, then hotboxing is a good way to do so. This is because you are essentially taking a hit, blowing that hit out into an inclosed area, then breathing that same hit back in just by sitting there. This is one way to get really high. However, if you get too high, then you may need to calm that high down. Click here for tips on how to do that.
Benefits Of Hotboxing
So why would anyone want to hotbox? Well if you read the section above, then you may already know. But for those who don’t know, here are the benefits of hotboxing:
- You can get really high. Just as I mentioned above, you are sitting in a cloud of smoke while you hotbox. So, you are constantly inhaling weed smoke, thus getting you higher by the minute.
- You can be more efficient with your weed. Let’s say you only have a small amount of weed, and you don’t think it is enough to get you high. Well, if you hotbox with that weed, you have a better chance of getting high from it rather than smoking it outside and losing that smoke to the wind.
- You can turn it into a game. What do I mean by this? I mean that some hot boxes are hard to last in. With good quality weed and a bunch of it, someone can easily have a coughing attack and not be able to last in the hotbox. If you and your smoking buddies are competitive, see who can last in the hotbox.
Those are the three main benefits of being in a hotbox, besides trying it out for the first time (I think every stoner should at least one time). Maybe you have another reason, or maybe you are the type to do it for pure entertainment. Whatever the case is, there are some smoking benefits that do come with hotboxing.
Downsides Of Hotboxing
As you have learned above, there are many benefits to hotboxing. But did you know there are some downsides to it as well? Yes, just like most things in life, there are pro’s and con’s when it comes to smoking out your car. Here are some of these downsides:
- It can make you smell strongly like weed. If you are not using a smoke purifier, you and the area that you hotbox will smell like weed. Your clothes and hair will smell the most. It is best to hotbox in clothes that you can change and to shower after so that you get rid of the smell (if you need to).
- It is a bad idea for someone with breathing problems. If you suffer from any time of lung disease or just have trouble breathing, then you should not hotbox. This is due to the fact that a hotbox consists of more smoke in the air than regular air to breathe, so you may end up having a coughing attack if you cannot handle it.
- It is an easy way to get caught up. I do not promote any type of illegal activity, but if you are hotboxing while driving and you get pulled over by the police, it will be obvious that you have been smoking weed. First of all, a huge cloud of smoke will come out of the car once they ask you to roll down your window. Plus, that smoke will heavily smell like weed. Good luck getting out of that one.
These three points above are the main things to look out for when you are hotboxing. As long as you are legally hotboxing, you don’t have any breathing issues, and you don’t care about smelling like weed (or you are using a Smoke Buddy), then you should be just fine when doing it. Don’t let the downers weigh out the uppers if you really want to hotbox. Just have fun and be safe when doing so.
So, that was just about everything you need to know about hotboxing. Remember, it is best to use a smoke purifier so that you and the area that you hotbox does not smell strongly of weed. Also, make sure that you are not driving if you are hotboxing a car, it’s best to leave it parked. Happy smoking!